Happy Eyes

It was like a perfect  flight journey.eyes

Yeah, with all those well groomed and good looking ladies in Orange saree with a dark blue border the visit to Vasan Eye Care Hospital was definitely worth it. Its a hospital with very good hospitality. Thank god my eyes are working fine.

When I entered the hospital through the glass door, two ladies greeted me with a really nice smile. Since it was the first time I visited, I had to register myself and wait for my turn to meet the doc. After all the usual ‘read the alphabets’ exercise that I cleared without a hitch I was let to meet Dr.Sruthi Tara. Sruthi and Tara is such a good combination to make a beautiful name. I like this doc’s name already. At first sight the doc looked like a serious person. I could guess she was in her early 30s. She smiled only after she took a look into my eyes through some equipment that was attached to the really comfortable chair I was sitting on. I told her that I work a lot on the computer.  With the same smile she told me that my eye sight is totally perfect and added that I had dry eyes. I gave her a puzzled look and she explained that there is not enough tears in my eyes. With me having a ‘tell me more’ look on my face she added “Its nothing to worry. I ll prescribe some artificial tears which you can use once a day while working. Just a drop in each eye would do.” She also suggested I could wear anti-glare while working to protect my eyes. I thanked her after clearing all my doubts i had with the prescription. The smile on her face didn’t fade at all. At least until I left.

On my way back home I kept thinking how could a person have dry eyes ???? I’ve never heard of such a thing in my life. Probably I should have asked this also to the the doc, but I didn’t and I had to figure it out now. At least to update my status message. That’s when I started thinking about it and found the answer by the time I reached home.

“Happy Eyes” - just a beautiful way to tell dry eyes. Yeah… may be its because of the reason that I am such a happy person that even the tears in my eyes got dried up. :)

Therefore, when something happens to you - Good or Bad , consider what it means. There's always a purpose to life's events. To teach you how to laugh more or not to cry too hard. When you feel down because you didn't get what you want, just sit tight and be happy. God’s plan is to give you something better.

Note : I know its hard to believe I wrote those lines. But, that’s how I ve been talking since I completed my last book - “A Walk to Remember”. Though I have watched the movie that was based on this book a hundred times with a lot of emotion, I loved reading the book too. Every book I read seems to be changing my perspective towards life in one way or the other. This book is one perfect example for that. Ok Ok that’s enough for now. I just don’t stop, do i ?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my friends happened to google my name and found this blog on me...and so i happened to read.. Thanks that you were impressed by the hospital and the treatment offered. Hope ur dry eyes are better.I liked your closing statement. And I must say ur blogs are rather impressive:)